In partnership with John Wiley & Sons, IEEE publishes several different types of books to accommodate the needs of the engineering and technology community. Learn about the types of books and imprints that IEEE offers.
IEEE publishes multiple types of books in all fields of interest to the IEEE, including:
- Professional books, consisting of monographs and edited volumes
- Textbooks, used primarily as main study material for a course
- Short books, between 80 and 120 pages on current hot topics
- Major reference works, consisting of handbooks and encyclopedias
- Tutorial books, providing practical information on a specific subject
- Career guide e-books
IEEE partners with John Wiley & Sons to publish professional books, textbooks, short books, and major reference works via 3 imprints:
- The Wiley-IEEE Press imprint publishes books in all fields of interest to the IEEE. The imprint consists of over 900 books in print, with approximately 50 new titles added each year.
- The IEEE Computer Society Press publishes books related to computer science and engineering with a focus on software engineering.
- IEEE Standards Information Network Press publishes guides, handbooks, and tutorials on the implementation of standards.
Books under the partnership are available in both print and electronic format and are sold via multiple channels such as the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, Wiley Online Library, wiley.com, Amazon, and other online retail outlets.
IEEE publishes career guide e-books through the IEEE-USA imprint. For more information visit the IEEE-USA e-books home page.